Secret Santa. You love it or you hate it. There’s usually a spending limit (around the $10 or $15), so the gifts are a fair exchange. Without the cap, there’s always that person who buys the pathetically unimaginative, and somewhat sad, Starbucks gift card. The person who ultimately receives the gift card doesn’t drink coffee and is seething since he or she spent $30 on something super cool (such as wine chilling wands), and will now just toss the card to a family member or friend. Bah humbug!
Here’s a list of ten items in the $10 to $15 range for your office Secret Santa. I’ve taken the guess work out of this process for you. You’re welcome.
- Ten dollars in lottery tickets. Who can resist the fun of a scratch off? Or do a combination of scratch offs and Power Ball. Your Secret Santa will have fun seeing if he won (could be dollar, could be more), and you’ll be devastated if they hit the mega millions and pretend not to know you.
- HiCoup Wine Opener. A handy dandy little wine opener you can take on camping trips or to your hotel room when you need a drink and a little uplifting while traveling alone for business.
- Bluetooth Beanie Hat. Stay warm with this hands free hat adorable beanie, which allows you to listen to music while you walk to work, run, hike or just chill. My mom introduced us to this cool trend last year and we are all clamoring for one this year.
- Anything from Effie’s Paper, from her Black Girl Magic Notebook, to her awesome phone grip and array of key chains. I personally own the Feminist AF keychain and I couldn’t be prouder.
- An adult coloring book, with markers or colored pencils. Cathartic and relaxing. When you need a few minutes or hours to de-stress and unwind. You can get as cheeky as you want with these books, but know your Secret Santa before buying the one with lots of cursing or a religious twist.
- A great read. The latest Stephen King or Liane Moriarty will get any readers pulse going.
- Tarot Cards, because the cards find you not the other way around. You’ll probably freak your Secret Santa out but Tis the Season!
- Microwave Popcorn Popper by Uncommongoods. Coolest popcorn popper ever, giving you the opportunity to add some Kettle Corn, Cheddar, or Buttery goodness to your corn.
- A Journal and Pen. You really have to know your Secret Santa for this one, since it’s assuming the person can write and wants to.
- Drink More Water Bottle by Uncommongoods. All of my friends can attest to my obsession with environmentally sound water bottles. This one is Sooooo cool because it keeps track of your water intake. Great for your yogi or workout partner. Okay, it’s a little bit more than fifteen bucks…twenty to be exact but if you really care about the person, why not?